Subject: Re: Rollei (sorry...)
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 15:46:44 +0100

Hello Oddmund,

Thanks for your fast answer! I have just developed and printed my first
Rollei pictures. You are right, the pictures are of very high quality!
I have just started to work on a project about a village nearby, where th=
tyre factory closed down a few years ago. The society has started to go
down, with empty houses, car wrecks and trash in the village. The people
left are marked by hard work, and many of them have got cancer from the
dangerous work.=20
I was there one hour with my new Rollei, and made two pictures that I hav=
published on my homepage. No "strong" pictures, but important anyway to
give a message about our society. I will try to do better than this. The
light is no good this time of the year, it is very dark. And it takes som=
time to get to know some people there, too.

Now I am hunting for a lens hood for my Rollei, and hopefully I will get
one soon.

I have found two things that annoys me about the Rollei 35. The f /stop
wheel turns too easy, and I think t should be click-stops on it.
It is also important to check the distance setting carefully, as this one
also changes a bit too easy.

The Swedish newspapers wrote that the Beajolais Noveau was very good this
year. I hope you got some nice pictures!

Best regards, Hans

PS Don=B4t bother about some people on the LUG. Most Americans are real n=
ice
and friendly, but they come of course from a very different culture...