Subject: Re: Re[2]: Experience with M4-2
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 18:50:05 -0500

   From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
   Date: Fri, 22 Nov 96 15:08:42 PST

        I bought it from Don Chatterton in Seattle, Washington.

You know, I have also had a disappointing experience with Don
Chatterton -- he sold me a broken Leica R6.  I had specifically asked
him if he had tested it thoroughly, and he told me he had and it
worked perfectly.  But like your M4-2, it was broken in a very obvious
way -- if he had tested the camera at all he would have known it was
broken.  Don Chatterton is a friendly man and pleasant to talk to, but
I think that the kindest possible interpretation of our experiences is
that he is careless and loses track of which cameras he has tested and
which he has not.

I don't think he's trying to steal from anyone.  When I told him the
camera was broken, he asked me to ship it back at his expense and
after some further confusion he refunded my money.  I think he will do
the same thing in your case if you contact him.

I also wouldn't necessarily draw the conclusion from this that M4-2's
are unreliable -- you have a sample set of size one from an unreliable
dealer.  When you get your money back, try buying one from someone
more reliable and see what you think.

- -Patrick