Subject: Fly on the Wall (was A room for everybody)
From: "Glenn Wm. Thrall" <gthrall@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 15:48:34 -0800

Fred Ward wrote:

> The public pictures are almost done under TV lights. The private
> pictures in the Oval Office and in the living quarters are almost always
> done with available light. I shot for the book often with Tri-X rated at
> 800, and was at 1/15 sec. much of the time in the dark corners at night,
> where the light was dim.

Fred, you must have nerves of steel to keep the camera firm in those conditions!
What techniques did you use to achieve those results using available light? Fast
film helped, however you obviously used other tools and techniques to remain a
"fly on the wall" and make those photos.

Now that question is like asking the CEO of Coca-Cola to "loan the formula" to
Pepsi!

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
gthrall@ix.netcom.com
I DRINK PEPSI
Southern California

"Here Phaethon lies: in Phoebus' car he fared,
And though he greatly failed, more greatly dared."
Ovid