Subject: Cheap Leica-thread-mount body (Re: Oddmund out)
From: Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 08:37:32 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Patrick Sobalvarro wrote:

> Oh well, back to Leicas.  Isn't anyone going to answer my earlier
> query by suggesting a cheap Leica-thread-mount body for those
> theft-ridden environments?  It's fine by me if it's from one of the
> Soviet successor states, so long as it's reliable.

"Cheap" is really in the eyes and wallet of the purchaser. I would imagine
that a cosmetically deficient but functionally acceptable IIIa or IIIc
might serve your purpose. My pocket kit for day trips to New York is a
postwar IIIc with a 50/1.5 Jupiter. If it were stolen, I think I'd mourn
most over the loss of the orange rangefinder filter.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart