Subject: Re: 21 mm lens worth it?
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 21:03:32 +0100

Hi Nowell, I just wanted to tell you that the Nikkor 20/2,8 mm are among
Nikons best lenses, both the AF and the manual variant. I had them both.
For nature photography, it may be nice to check the depth of field through
a SLR finder, but of course you can check it on the lens scale too, if you
choose the M-lens. Today, I have the Super Angulon 21/3,4, a classic Leica
lens. Judged from the price, I suppose you have been looking at the Elmarit
21/2,8. Both are very good.

21-35-50 are my own most used Leica M-lenses, and they are compact and not
too heavy to carry. In my Nikon days I carried 20, 35, 85, 80-200, and I
almost broke my back. I am the kind of photographer who likes to walk
around with my equipment when travelling, and this is why I prefer the
Leica. (I am not much of a nature photographer.)
I guess it boils down to how much money you want to spend. You will get at
least two used Nikkors for the money...

Good luck/Hans