Subject: Re: Modern/Pop Photography ...
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 21:13:50 -0400

At 04:19 PM 11/30/96 -0700, Ben wrote:

>Dan, Please look inside for an address or phone number for subscription
>info. I have been looking for this for some time now. Would you post the
>info here please?

Sure.  In North America the distributer for now is

P.D.Q. Distribution, Inc
P.O.Box 2013
River Vale, NJ 07675

Phone: 201-261-8060
Fax       201-261-6883

I say for now because I just got off the phone with Kindermann Canada (the
Canadian distributer of Leica) and they tell me that they will be selling
Leica Photographie as of January 1997 to Canadian customers (me).  I presume
that US customers will continue to buy it from P.D.Q.  There are too many
addresses to write here for people living in the rest of the world;let me
know if anyone needs a specific address outside of NA.

It's a nice magazine.  Lately there has been less emphasis on equipment, and
more on portfolios, especialy reportage.  The recent issue (7/96) is an
exception; there's a lot of talk about all the new products (R8, the 24mm
ASPH., and the infamous B 32X Televid Ocular (now I know what you guys were
talking about!).

Incidently, I've just ordered my 1997 Leica calendars; the larger one has to
be one of the most beautiful calendars made.  (An aside, I used to work for
a railway company; the Engineering Dept.  to received stunning calendars
from Japanese rail producers, that is they did until my company sued them
for premature rail failures).

Dan C.