Subject: Re: 21 Super Angulon
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 1996 21:02:09 -0800

sphillips@umbsky.cc.umb.edu wrote:

> Who makes the Super Angulon and how much does it cost? What about those lenses that Adorama sells? The recent thread did not include anyone who's actually using one. Comments please.

There are two versions of these lenses, the f/4 and the later 3.4.   The
3.4 has the reputation of being the sharpest of the two.  Some say it is
sharper than the current 2.8 Elmarit.

In Mint-, I sell the the F/4 lenses for $1,200 and the 3.4 for $1600.
These prices are without finders.  The metal finders sell from a worn
user at $250 to a mint chrome at $600.  The cheaper plastic finders
generally go for $300.  BTW, any Leitz 21 RF  is relatively hard to find
on the used market.

I do not know how these compare to the new non-Leitz lenses, but I would
be surprised if they are better than the 3.4.

Stephen Gandy