Subject: Re: Frame 39 (was Re: born again)
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 10:26:29 -0800 (PST)

At 10:18 AM 02/12/96 -0500, you wrote:

  >I often get 39 frames too, but I find it annoying.
  >
  >More often than not, frame 39 comes back from Kodalux unmounted and
  >cut in half.  I'm half tempted to rewind every roll at 37 just so I
  >don't miss those pictures that end up sliced.  I guess that it is too
  >close to the end such that their automated Kodachrome machine cuts it
  >up before processing.
  >
  >Any alternative suggestions?
  >
  >                       --Jim Dempsey--

Jim:

Ever considered having your slides returned developed but uncut, and then
mounting  'em yourself?  I do it with rolls of slides from total solar
eclipses - 'cause no machine nor operator can figure out where the edges of
the frames are, and that is *just* too dangerous!  Any processor will do it
if you ask, and the only extra cost is the mounts you have to buy yourself.

Hope this helps.
David Young             |  No electrons were hurt
Victoria, B.C. CANADA   |  in the creation of
youngs@IslandNet.com    |  this message.