Subject: Simple Lightmeter Check
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 08:21:32 -0700

Leica users,

In the past, I reported my problem with the fact that my lightmeters were
all reading within +/-1/2stop. I think that I found a solution to this dillema.

Now, I use my lightbox (yes, the one designed to view color slides) as a
source of "standard" illumination. I also use my Gossen Luna Lux and Leica
M6 internal meters as the ground truth, because I trust them. I can then
adjust all of my meters to indicate the same, for example 1/250s at f:11.
Now, even my lowly Gossen Selenium meter is happy, and he cannot be adjusted.

So much for high tech.

If any of you have problems with my approach, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris