Subject: Re: Adorama M-Series lenses
From: Michael Mortensen <m-co@post4.tele.dk>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 19:41:51 +0100

Dan Cardish wrote:

> Does anyone in the LUG have any experience with the Adorama M-series 21 and
> 28mm lenses?  They are described in the Popular Photography "Photo Buying
> Guide" on page 110.  They seem to like them (but then, they like everything).
>
> Dan C.I assume that this is the Japanese product sold in Europe under the
brand name "Kobalux". I have owned a 21mm for about a year and it seems
to work just fine. The mechanical quality is OK and as for the optics I
cant't see any difference in sharpness and contrast when compared to
original Leica M lenses. I have just performed a simple test: shooting a
brick wall with the Kobalux lens and with a Summicron 35 mm. Even at
minimum focusing distance and open aperture the performances of these
two lenses seemed more or less even.

only oddity: the Kobalux 21mm hasn't got a serial number engraved.

Michael Mortensen