Subject: Clarification of my recent message "window backlighting scene"
From: "Nicolas Levinton" <nicolev@jet.es>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 01:44:44 +0100

Thank you very much Ken Wilcox, but I donīt think it was a bad measure that
I did.
The zones of the pictures, that apparently received some kind of intrusive
rays, are as I said in the center and top-center of the image.

It doesnīt make any sense to me that there are parts of the faces correctly
exposed, and parts overexposed, because in the actual moment I took the
photographs this difference in light didnīt exist at all. It looks to me
more like an unwanted effect like when you aim your camera almost directly
to the sun and you get those little circular things (isnīt that called
flare effect?). As a matter of fact, the overexposed zone in the
nursing-home pictures, is kind of circular.

Am I crazy?

If Darwin was right, how is it possible
that after millions and millions of years
of evolution, humans are not born with
a Leica as one of their hands.
Nicolas Levinton, Madrid. SPAIN
      nicolev@jet.es