Subject: Is my IIIC viewfinder inaccurate?
From: "Joe B." <Joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 20:00:11 +0000

I've used the IIIC almost entirely with other lenses, so I haven't
really used its own (50mm) viewfinder yet. But I just noticed that the
area of its viewfinder is almost exactly the same as that of my Rollei
35S, which I know to be roughly accurate, but that has a 40mm lens! Sure
enough, when I compared them, the 50mm viewfinder area in the M6 is very
noticeably smaller; the horizontal axis of the M6 50mm frame is about
4/5 of that in the IIIC viewfinder. Is my IIIC viewfinder seriously
inaccurate? If so, is this usual?
- --
Joe B.