Subject: Measuring exposure with Leica M6
From: "Nicolas Levinton" <nicolev@jet.es>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 19:09:38 +0100

Hi, I am totally new to the M6 rangefinder way of working as before I had a
Canon EOS which did everything or almost everything for me. It´s been 3
weeks and 8 rolls since I changed everything I had and got my Leica and the
Summicron 50/2.

I've experienced a lot of difficulty in measuring the expsure, as I was
totally used to precise spot metering with my former camera and now I find
it confusing to measure with such an ambiguous zone that depends on the
lens you have and the frame.

I would really appreciate to hear everybody´s experience in metering with
the M6. I am particularily interested in hearing about practical situations
and variation of systems (camera meter, incident light meter, etc..).

I shoot most of my work available-light documentary, and my preferred films
are Kodak Tri-X 400 and T-Max 3200.
As one in the group once suggested me, a good choice could be metering with
the M6 on the palm of my hand, an then open 1 stop.

Thanks everybody for your help, and hope that this could be interesting for
the rest.

		Nicolas Levinton. nicolev@jet.es