Subject: Re: 90 f2.8 tele-elmarit lens
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 06:49:11 +0800 (SGT)

At 06:55 PM 12/14/96 +0000, you wrote:

>The thing that constantly surprises me about the 90mm Tele-Elmarit is
>its tiny size. I actually exchanged my current 90mm Elmarit-M for it,
>and have not had any reason to regret the swap yet.
>--
>Joe B.

I did the reverse.  I was quite impressed with the small compact size until
most of my back lighted shots came back with obvious flare. Even a hood (an
oversized 12575) did not help much to reduced the flare which made the
prints look generally washed out.

I have not yet tried out my latest 90/2.8 elmarit but I am starting to get
confused by the discussion.  I was getting the impression that the best
performer is the latest 90/2.8 elmarit (without a "tele" in the name), the
second best is the older 90/2.8 elmarit (big lens) and the dog in the herd
is the small compact 90/2.8 tele-elmarit.  Am I getting the picture right or
have fortunes changed in favour of the midget?

Dan Khong