Subject: M6 shutter hiccups
From: "Joe B." <Joe@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 00:35:33 +0000

I was just playing with my M6 and listening to the fascinating sound of
a one second exposure when I heard it give what were roughly two 1/8 sec
exposures and a couple of 1/2 sec exposures. Somewhat alarmed I then
tried to reproduce the problem and fired it repeatedly at the same 1 sec
setting but all I got since were the 1 sec exposures I would expect.
This camera was serviced about a year ago. What is going on? I can
understand that sometimes I could get a longer exposure due to something
sticking somewhere, but shorter than set on the dial, and variably so,
and only for a few shots?
- --
Joe B.