Subject: Adjusting an MR (4) Meter
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 10:22:45 -0700 (MST)

It alarms me when people give wrong advice on making an adjustment to a
piece of gear. I'm not always right, in fact I'm frequently wrong - but if
the original poster follows the advice given he'll end up with his meter
out-of-whack AND he's in Nepal. Makes it difficult to run down to XYZ Photo
for some help once the job is botched.

I checked my manual again and the correct procedure according to Metrawatt
for zeroing an MR or MR-4 meter is:

1.      Remove the battery.

2.      Adjust the screw on the back until the needle is centered on the
"Zero" mark.

3.      Replace the battery.

Anything else can be considered wrong.