Subject: Leica service rates in Canada
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 18:28:33 -0400

I just received some information from Kindermann (Canada) Inc., who are now
the official leica distrubuters in Canada.  They are offering a CLA (Clean,
Lubricate and Adjust) for Leicas.  For the M6 in particular, they are
charging $340 Can. (about $250 U.S.) for this service.  Is this the normal
fee for this kind of work?  It seems rather excessive.  (Bad luck for the
owners of early R4 "MK-5" models, the charge is $500 Can.).

Incidently, they claim that "We are the only Leica-authorized service depot
in the world still performing repairs and tune-ups on screw-mount Leicas
going right back to 1925 production".

Dan C.

Dan Cardish  <dcardish@microtec.net>
                        <http://www.microtec.net/~dcardish>