Subject: Re: metz 40MZ2 was:Adjusting Leica meter MR-4
From: "Michiel Fokkema" <mfokkema@pop3.worldaccess.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 21:58:30 +0000

  Jonathan Eastland (Leica M Compendium) recommends the Metz Mecablitz
> 40 MZ2.  Has anyone had any experience with this flash or can they recommend
> another.  Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have no experience with the metz 40 MZ2 but I have a lot of
experiences with other metz flashunits.
If you are only going to use this flashunit with a leica M camera I
think the 40MZ2 is too well equiped, because you cant't use the
sofisticated ttl capabilities.
I would reccomend a new or secondhand model without the ttl
capabilities. Especially the second hand units can be reasonable
priced.
But if you want to use this flashunit also on a camera with
ttl possibility it will be a very good flash unit.
      Greetings,

                 Michiel.