Subject: Don Chatterton
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 21:06:17 -0600

- --=====================_851072777==_

I received the attached e-mail from Don Chatterton to the effect that camera
dealers are not allowed to be members of the LUG!!! Apparantly this is in
the by-laws.  Why is this??  It seems to me that it would be to our
advantage to have him on the list.  I think that when the list of members
was sent out a week or two ago it had Tamarkin on the list.  As long as they
don't use the list to try and sell I would think it would be advantageous.
Several LUGGers have wondered if Leica personal was on the list and they
could perhaps learn from us - apparantly not under the by-laws.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK

- --=====================_851072777==_

Dick:

I've been reading all of the kind and friendly mail from other people,on
LUG, but in the last oneI am admonished and advised that the by-laws
require:

 "Any user who is obviously conducting a business in the sale of
cameras will be removed from the list."

12 hours and I'm defrocked and excommunicated..pull of the buttons and drum
me out of the legion !

Tough to find a friendly face..even at Christmas... Bah, Humbug !!

I guess that I get a lump of coal in my sock !!

Unwanted in Seattle