Subject: Re: 20mm Russar lens for Leica
From: Mark Bergman <BMWR100R@mwci.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 20:11:13 -0800

I have the Russian 20 and a 21 Super angulon R I use on my M4-p with a
#22228 adapter.  I have the newest Leitz 21 VF and I believe the newest
21 Russian Finder.  The finish on the Russian finder looks like hand
painted black lacquer.  However I think it is better than the Leitz.
Very good optics and no distortion.  Made out of metal and glass not
plastic.  The lens is so-so.  You need to stop down a couple of stops to
get even field illumination.  Still it was a fun lens on my IIIF.  It
was very small and only about 3/16" deep.  Took very common 49 mm
filters.  Sold my IIIF recently so if anyone is interested the Russar is
for sale with VF $325.