Subject: Re: Knobs falling off an M6
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 19:50:21 -0500

At 03:40 PM 26-12-96 -0700, The artist formerly known as Ben wrote:

>I'm looking at said "knobs" as I write this and they do indeed exist. They
>function as a bumber to prevent the film speed dial from hitting the PC
>socket. They seem to be made of a rather soft plastic and at least on my M6
>have been melt/fit into some holes which pass thru the film door.
>
>I hope they don't fall out like Otto's did.

I checked out a new M6 at my local dealer today.  The plugs were there and
look similar to the screws that are in my camera.  They still look to small
and insignificant to stop the shutter dial from hitting the PC plug, if that
is indeed their purpose.  However, I see no there use for them, on either
the newer cameras nor on mine.

Dan C.