Subject: Re: Minilux
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 21:14:15 -0600

At 18:09 1996-12-26 -0500, you wrote:
>it sounds like the way many autoexposure cameras operate.  You point the
>camera at something of the correct tonality and hold down the shutter button
>partway.  This locks in the meter reading.  Now recompose, re-focus if
>needed,  and push the shutter the rest of the way, taking the picture.

[snip]

Dan,

Yes, I agree and do this with cameras that allow it.  I was wondering what
the quote above meant when it said that when in the manual focus mode the
automatic exposure was disengaged.  Did it mean that the exposure mode did
not work - if not, what then???  It then followed with the paragraph about
substitute metering. If you can do this - what is the difference between
this and the so-called "automatic exposure?"

Can someone with this camera enlighten me???

Thanks for the reply

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK