Subject: Re: Contax TVS & Leitz Optics
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 16:15:19 -0500

>>For those of you who are married, there is always the issue of the WAF
>(wife acceptance factor) when
>>you bring home new camera gear, lenses or audio equipment.
>

>Gads, sir:  you simply don't tell them!  My wife still hasn't noticed the
>APO-Televid which I've had for the past 18 months (with all eyepieces,
>including the 32X WW and the camera adapter).
>
>Maintain domestic bliss.  Share your new acquisitions and the joys thereof
>with your friends, but silence is best maintained on the Home Front.

I have the opposite "problem." I take my wife with me to camera stores and
swap meets. When I stop and handle an item she always says "If you want it,
buy it." Nice for the collection but really hard on the bank account!

kw

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                              <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>