Subject: Re: National Geographic and Photo Quality
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 14:59:46 -0700 (MST)

>I rather like Doubletake. Far from irrelevant, the content is to me
eclectic and stimulating. No "I shot this witha Leica" captions which may
unsettle some members of LUG>

Doubletake is indeed a great magazine, however they tend to indulge a very
small few photogs by publishing their less-than-great work. Danny Lyons has
a layout "Photomontage" of his kids making a snowman. The pictures are very
much snapshots and the materials he used look to be drug store quality. I
guess when the world finally sees you as an artiste' you are given far more
latitude with regards to quality and relevance.

,/8^|