Subject: Re: "Point 'n Shoots"
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 96 01:42:50 -0800

>Save yourself some and buy a Yashica T4.   That might not sound so good to a
>purist,but it takes great photos,and it is  rated higher than the Nikon and
>the Contax

I don't know who did the ratings, but I found from an afternoon's picture
taking with a T4 that the focus and exposure settings were nowhere near
as good as the Leica Minizoom. Yes, the Minizoom is more expensive, but
the lens quality and the flexibility of the short zoom lens more than
made up for the difference in price.

When the T4 hit the exposure well and the focus was on the money, its
Zeiss lens was excellent so I suspect the lens is good, I was just
unimpressed
with the rest of the camera. YMMV, of course.

Godfrey