Subject: Re: I'm new to this
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 22:14:07 -0500

It's a IIIf model with red-dial synchonization and a self-timer.  This is
the next-to-last version of the thread-mount Leica and is a true user's
jewel.  I suspect the 5cm Elmar is an early -- and thus uncoated -- lens,
though the 9cm Elmar is a 1951 lens and ought to be coated.

To set the synchronization, turn the dial under the shutter-speed dial so
that '20' appears.  Set the shutter speed to 1/50".

If the flash still doesn't fire, I suspect you have a break in your flash
cable, and this ought to be replaced.  A larger camera store would probably
stock this.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!