Subject: Re: Meters and screw mounts
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 13:31:11 -0500

Yashica made a cds meter w/ accy. shoe. Mine seems quite accurate. It is
about the size of the MR. IF you can live with a selenium meter, the Pilot
series from Gossen has an accy. shoe. It is larger than the MR, but since it
is light, it doesn't upset the camera balance.

At 07:23 PM 12/30/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone have suggestions for a compact meter to use with a Leica Screw
>mount.  I am interested in picking up a IIIf with a collapsible Summicron
>50mm which would make a very nice compact unit.  While my Sekonic L-318 is a
>wonderful meter, its size --even without the spot attachment-- approaches
>that of the IIIf.  I use the MR-4 meter on my M3 quite often and like the
>size and the fact that I can get away with one less gadget.  However, that
>option is not available for a screw mount.  What do all of you use with the
>older screw mount Leicas?  Can any of the older meters be recommended??  I
>would like something quite a bit smaller than the Sekonic 318.
>
>Happy New Year to all and thanks for all of the good advice I have gotten in
>1996.
>
>Steve

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.