Subject: Re: Shutterbug
From: Mark Bergman <BMWR100R@mwci.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 20:34:37 -0800

Roger Suppona wrote:

> > LUGs,
> >
> > My New Year's resolution is not to read Shutterbug any more.
> >

> It's the rare article in any issue of SB that's worth reading.  I'm
> convinced the articles exist to somehow classify SB as a magazine
> instead of a catalog.  In fairness to SB, they sometimes provide
> reasonable content.  The article in the MF issue on creating a 6x17
> panoramic camera from a couple of old 6x9 folders looks like an
> interesting project.
>
> I subscribe to SB for the ads.  The articles exist for my occasional
> amazement.  If you're looking for content try View Camera (I don't do
> LF but VC is a wonderful magazine, well worth the price), Photo
> Techniques, and Darkroom User.
>
> Roger
I've subscribed to SB since it was a little yellow paper.  I still
subscribe still out of habit.  Most of the articles aren't worth the
paper they are written on.  The prices in the ads are ridiculous.  A few
dealers I would buy from (like Keulh) the ads are 2 months out of date
because of the slownest of the while process.  They keep raising the
price on personal ads (now 0.50 a word) to drive out any Photographers
that just want to sell used equipment.  It's headed the way of Popular
and Modern Photography.