Subject: Re: M6 Titanium
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 97 20:55:07 -0000

Thank you, Chris, Dan C, Ben W and Dan Kong!

Disagreement always brings out the very best arguments.

Maybe I=B4m just an old sentimental Leica fundamentalist who can=B4t =
accept anything but status quo? However, I am a Leica USER, and when =
I look at my old beaten-up M3s they remind me of my own days of glory =
when both my cameras and myself seemed to be indestructible. And I =
must admit that my Leicas have aged a lot more gracefully than =
myself! They are full of bumbs and dents, but they are all scars of =
glory. And today it=B4s hard to tell if they were Black or Chrome. =
They are all practically shining Brass! All I=B4ve gotten so far is a =
big red nose and stomach ulcer!

After all your good arguments and the valuable lessons in the =
intricacy of metallurgy, I=B4ve now decided to settle for a simple(?) =
chrome M6. Or should I go for the M6 Platinum? That one sure sound =
sturdy! No, just kidding!

Anyway, thanks to my newfound sense of economics I can now afford a =
35/1,4 Summilux (not the aspherical), instead of the 35/2.0 =
Summicron. Any opinions about that would be equally welcome. I really =
need a 35mm lens.

Regards,

Claes