Subject: Re: most durable camera
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 97 15:13:26 PST

     Hi Bob,

       When it comes to durability in SLR world, Leicaflex SL and SL2 come
     first in my mind.  As a long-time user collector of Leica M and R and
     user of Nikon F2, I have never seen any incident of problems on SL or
     SL2.  In my book, SL and SL2 are the most durable bodies built just
     like a real military tank.  I have seen lots of favorable statements
     regarding Nikon F2 durability too.  In the past I have read tons of
     stories on SL and SL2 that had survived from exploded helicopter where
     the pilot died and in various other very clement situations.  One of
     the many things I really like about SL and SL2 over F2 is shutter
     silkiness.  This could be prejudiced but is so clear at least to me.
     I also have R4, R4S and R6 that could not be compared with SL or SL2.

        Regards,

        David
        seungmin@luxcom.com