Subject: Re: Super-wide on M6...Opinions, please
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 00:32:22 +0000

> 	Bottom line for me is the SA for action. It's fine for landscapes
> too, though the SLR permits more precise framing, obviously. As for a
> polarizing filter, you have to be careful not to get vignetting with the
> SLR 20 too. The SA has a bit of natural vignetting at wide aperatures
> that usually gives a pleasing effect of darkening sky edges. I never fin=
> a need to use a polarizer with it.

Just a question on the use of polarizers with super-wides:
The effect of a polarizer for let's say landscapes depends on the
angle to the sun. With a 92=B0-lens this angle varies a lot.
Doesn't this end up in unpleasing effects as the polarization
should be quite different over the whole image?

Who has experiences with super wide angle-lenses and polarizers
(I rarely use polarizers btw.) and can shed some light on this.
Doesn't matter from what angle ;)

- --
Stefan Kahlert,
Medizinische Poliklnik der Universitaet Bonn
uzs13b@uni-bonn.de