Subject: Used Leicas?
From: russellt@juliet.ll.mit.edu ( Russell Todd )
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 97 16:21:51 EST

Hi,

I'm new to this list and this is my first posting.  Please forgive me
if this question has been asked to death.

I'd like to buy a Leica M series camera, but a new one is beyond my
means.  A used one in good working order would be fine, but even these
are a bit expensive for me.  The used Leica M's I see advertised in
magazines seem to emphasize their fine condition so I suspect that they
are geared more towards collectors.  I'd like a Leica to actually use
for taking pictures.  Does anyone know where I could find a used Leica
M (the later the model the better) that is in good working order, but
is perhaps too worn for a collector to be interested in, and is, hence,
lower in price?  Say in the $300- $600US range?

Thanks,

- --Russ Todd