Subject: Re: Used Leicas?
From: Mark Bergman <BMWR100R@mwci.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 21:40:53 -0800

I doubt you will make it down to $600 range, but...

 M3s and M4s are way overpriced for the most part.  While it is true
you'll pay 10-25% more for a mint camera only real beaters are priced
cheap.  Leicas last forever and wear well so any camera that looks like
hell is no doubt the same inside.  Beware because repairs don't come
cheap and what you save by buying a real dog could simply be transfered
to the repair depot.

You should be able to pick up a decent looking M4-2 in the $800 range.
I never fiqured out why (owned a couple) but these cameras are looked
down upon as problematic.

Also fiqure on spending some money for a CLA most Ms need one.