Subject: Re: R8 web page
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 03:56:58 -0500

   From: Christopher Hoover <cdhoover@pacbell.net>
   Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 11:10:01 -0800

   I found a web page discussing the R8 (not the Leica site). Mostly the
   same info as in the Leica literature, but I learned a couple things.
   It's a long page and the same info is mentioned several times, but I
   though it might be of interest.

   http://www.photoutfitters.com/R8.html

Wow, this page had a lot of stuff on it!  Thanks for the pointer.  I
was impressed with some of the details of how they'd beefed up the
geartrain.  It looks like they really meant it when they built this
camera.  On the other hand, a 16-bit microprocessor running 13,000
lines of code... I think any pleasure I took in using the device might
dissipate when I thought about how it was running that little program.

Maybe they'll come out with a mechanical R9, with the R8's beefed up
chassis and geartrain and high-eyepoint VF.