Subject: Re: M6 sans eyepiece
From: Paul Krzyzanowski <paul@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 15:54:39 EST

I've yet to have a problem with losing an eyepiece on an M6, but I did
have the problem on a IIIf whilst hiking in Bryce Canyon in Utah a couple
of years ago. My IIIf decided to leave me and visit some rocks about eight
feet below. One end of the little plastic cover opened up (weak plastic at
the screw point) and the finder lens popped out.  It was a saving grace
that screwmount Leicas are practically useless without auxilliary finders,
so I wasn't even handicapped. When I got home, I purchased the needed lens
and a new plastic cover from DAG.  I may try the same experiment this year
when I take the M6 to the slot canyons in Utah (for when a Hasselblad
system proves too cumbersome).