Subject: Why HC-110???
From: Michael Hintlian <102144.2651@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 12 Jan 97 09:50:04 EST

Chris Fortunko wrote:

<<I am now considering developing Tmax3200 in HC110, dilution B. - I was just
informed at the local drug store, which is also a full-service Leica dealer,
that this combination should work just fine. Normally, I use Rodinal and TriX.>>

Chris;

HC-110 is a tricky devloper, Kodak's times are inaccurate for real world
applications so a process of experimentation is what you can expect before
"ideal" results are achieved.  Begin by cutting back Kodak's times by 10%...some
may advise you also to increase dilution.  My humble advice is to steer clear of
this stuff.  Believe HC-110 will give you very harsh results especially with
P3200.

What ASA will you expose T-Max 3200 for?

I have found that ASA 1600 for general low light work, developed per T-Max
developer instructions gives excellent results.  If you need an extra stop, 3200
ASA is doable but the subject should be very low contrast else you will have
highlight blocking.

You probably know that the nominal speed of P3200 is 1000 ASA.

Really would point you in another direction than HC-110.

Michael Hintlian