Subject: Re: (QUESTAR) Re: The Leica of... Questars.... off-topic
From: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 01:05:17 -0400

To answer a question asked by a number of you while writing messages of
support - - -

No, Marc Small did NOT ask my permission to post my original message
here on the Leica list to the Questar list.

I have it on good authority that he did NOT ask the member of the
Questar list who blasted me if it would be OK to lift his flame from
that list and post it on the Leica list so all could read the attack.

And finally, Marc did NOT ask my permission to lift my response to that
message and post it once again on the Questar list.

Apparently a number of you feel as I do that Marc is and was way off
base in doing this since lifting any single message or part of a message
is almost certainly out of context and the people on the Questar list
had no idea how or why we had such a thread going on here anyway.

I commented on this privately to Marc and asked that he not do that
again. His response back to me was that anything posted on the Leica
list was fair game and he could and would post it anywhere he wanted.

So much for NET courtesy and what we thought was a gentlemen s club.

Fred Ward