Subject: question about SCA 351 dedication; free stuff
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 17:54:11 -0500

I recently picked up a used Braun Ultrablitz 34m for cheap.  It's a
nice enough powerful flash, it tilts, and it has an SCA 350 module on
it.  That means I can mount it on an R6 and see the ready light in the
viewfinder, but it won't use the TTL flash metering capability of the
camera.  For that I need an SCA 351 module -- the SCA 350 module is
for an R4 camera.

Now, here's a question.  All SCA 351 modules connect to SCA 300
flashes, and that's a standardized interface.  But is it standardize
down to the connectors?  Are all SCA 351 modules created equal?  Can I
buy an SCA 351 module from, say, Metz and plug it into this flash?
The SCA 350 module that's on there now is identical to a Metz one, as
far as I can tell, but I can't tell much.

Okay, next topic.  I got some Leica Elpro close-up lenses very
cheaply.  I can only use one of them, which will fit my 135 Elmarit-R.
The other two are for an old Summicron-R 50/2 that takes Series VI
filters.  I will give these away to anyone on the LUG who (a)
currently has a 50/2 Summicron-R that takes Series VI filters (b)
wants to do close-up photography (c) will use these for that purpose.
(I don't want to give them to somebody who just wants them to put in a
closet or who wants them because they're free, and will try to sell
them at the next opportunity.)  If you fit the listed criteria,
however, it'd give me some pleasure to see these lenses find a good
home, so send me mail if you want them.

- -Patrick