Subject: Re: M4 Prices
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 08:34:58 -0500

At 09:43 PM 1/13/97 -0800, Mark Bergman wrote:
>Charles E. Love, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>  Lots of people on this list love the DR Summicron 50.  It's nice to have
the close focusing,

>The newer 50's focus just as close on any M4 or newer body.  theDR was
>for closer focusing with the M3 (don't know about the M2)

No.  The current 50mm lens only focuses to either 75cm or 1m, I forget
which.  The DR, with eyes affixed, focuses to less than 50cm.  This is on
ANY M body.

There's another entire issue, and that deals with the second-generation
Summicron, which had a different close-focus distance for M2/3 and M4.
Different thing entirely.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!