Subject: Re: Oddmund
From: "Charles E. Love, Jr." <cel14@cornell.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 00:52:00 -0500 (EST)

At 02:43 PM 1/18/97 -0800, you wrote:

>> Ben Holmes wrote:
>> >
>> > I get mail from him on occasion. He was going back to Norway to work
and had
>> > just moved out of the city to Loire Valley. His URL remains the same.
>> > Despite common opinion, he's really not a bad character. He's something
of a
>> > cynic but sometimes we have to listen to what people don't say. He seems to
>> > have a deep respect for people and he clearly loves his family. That makes
>> > him okay in my book.
>> >
>> > Just my take.
>> He sort of landed on the deck here with his saber swinging and a few
>> heads flew but after the fires died down, he seemed like a decent chap
>> doing what he believed in.  If he signs on again, I'm sure we'll hear
>> some interesting tales.
>> MG
>
>WHile I have no problem with anyone for having a strong opinion and
speaking there mind.
>I find it unacceptacle that anyone attack another for a differing opinion.
I have met
>many people like Oddmund who if you did not agree with them, there only
response was to
>slip off of there ideological band wagon and resort to name calling.  I was
personally
>attacked by this indvivdual and called a redneck because I did not care to
hear his
>political pandering.  Good riddance I say.  I personally am very glad he is
gone and I
>do not look forward to his return.  I refused to let him run me from the
LUG.  But,
>after his attack, I never read anything he posted.
>
>John

Without (I hope) starting up all the flame wars again, I personally thought
Oddmund was as much sinned against as sinning.  He's the one who got "run
off the LUG" by ideological opponents.  (This comment does not imply  that
he wasn't arrogant and insensitive at times--he was.)  Charlie
Charles E. Love, Jr.
CEL14@CORNELL.EDU