Subject: Re: MR4 meter calibration
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 20:25:36 -0500

At 05:35 PM 1/20/97 -0500, Patrick wrote:

>Actually, there are later meters marked "MR" that are apparently
>identical to the MR-4 -- rather than having the T-switch that the
>early MR meters have, they appear to be entirely identical to the MR-4
>except in the name engraved on them, which is "MR".  I recently bought
>one of these for my M2, as well as a reprint of the Leica manual for
>them.  The Leica manual claims to be for the MR-2 and MR, and treats
>them as identical (and they look identical, too).

There are NO meters engraved 'MR-4'.  All of these, whether MR or MR-4, were
simply engraved, 'MR'.  Or, at least, Leica did not so distinguish them
(same catalogue number), nor does any of the literature indicate that any
were engraved 'MR-4'.  And I've never seen such or heard of one so engraved.
And I've seen what is probably the largest meter collection in the world
(Dan Black's) and have discussed these meters with the owner of what is
probably the second largest, General Moss.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!