Subject: Re: Eric Welch
From: Brian Levy <dlevy@worldy.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:08:39 -0500

Ben,

I have used a number of cameras in the past that did not use the current
shutter speeds. I acquired a Weston Master II which has a FULL range of
speeds (1/3 stops) and I use it for both the older shuttered cameras and my
newer system. It uses the Weston speeds vs. IS, but that conversion is very
easy, or Quality Light Metric can recalibrate it to ISO as well as calibrate
the meter. Oh, by the way, unless you need a high sensativity, this meter as
about as good as a reflectance meter can get.

As an alternative, you can make a little chart to convert the EV of your
meter to equiv. EV for the camera. A little slower to use, but I've done it.

At 05:55 PM 1/20/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>To: ewelch@cdsnet.net
>>From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
>>Subject: Eric Welch
>>
>>When Eric says a piece of gear is clean you can beleive him. I just
>received the M3 from his Estate Sale list and it is pristine. I've never
>seen one so clean in my life. The speeds, however, suck. It's due for a
>cleaning and adjustment. I ended up with the lower half of the everready
>case and am wondering if anyone has a line on the top half. What should I
>pay for one?
>>
>>This is a keeper. Any quirks I should know about using an M3? The VF is
>nice and bright as is the RF patch, although it's a bit yellow. I haven't
>been this excited about a camera ever. The serial number is 801430 -
>1955ish. The speeds are not a logical progression - how do I compensate for
>this, or should I worry about it? Also, anyone have an MR in chrome that
>they'd part with?
>>

>Regards,
>
>Ben W. Holmes
>
>Boulder, CO