Subject: Re: Off subject (somewhat)
From: creadick@mindspring.com (Nowell & Jennifer Creadick)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 22:19:16 -0500

At 6:50 PM 1/21/97, Dan Cardish wrote:
>At 08:28 AM 21-01-97 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>>>By the way, I have the 75/1.4 and it is first rate.  I recently picked up an
>>>85/1.4 Nikkor for my F2.
>[snip]
>
>>Dan..I had always read that it was the 1.8 version of that Nikkor that was
>>the one to try to find.  I am very interested in your comparisons  since I
>>enjoy both systems also..(really admire the old F2)   Nowell
>
>Basically all of the Nikkor 85s are top notch.  The 85/1.4 has what Nikon
>calls "close focusing correction" system, or something like that, which are
>essentially floating elements.  The close-up range is super; I have already
>convinced myself of this.  The 85/1.8 is much less expensive and smaller
>than the 1.4 version.  I recently played with a Nikon F5 that happened to
snip
>By the way, I was not overly impressed with my 5 min. intro to the F5.
>There is a little joystick like control on the back the lets you choose
>which AF sensor you want to use.  I am sure that I can manually focus a lens

snip

Thanks for your comments Dan...when I tried the F5 my first thought was "If
I want to lug something this massive around I'll just use my old Leicaflex
more often!"  I do use a 6006 quite a bit on my fast moving 2 year old.
The one pictureof her that everyone wants a copy of however was taken with
an M3 and a 50/2..indoor, available (nice morning) light.

Chapel Hill, NC

Although love may fail, courtesy should prevail.