Subject: Re: Leica Canada
From: Brian Levy <dlevy@worldy.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:13:14 -0500

I called two years ago several times before I was patched through to a
rather nice, but emphatic person. 1) Leica/Leitz no longer owns or is charge
of the facility - Hughes owns it and 2) you can't get through the front door
without a security clearance since it is a defense contractor. The assembly
area for optics (that's how he stated it) is off limits since it is not
segregated from other operations and optics other than those destined for
consumer use, if any, are produced on the same line as restricted items.

One the plus side, it is likely that the same people produce the same final
products and it should mean they are close in tolerance.

At 05:11 PM 1/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>LUG-nuts:
>
>Is Leica Canada located in Midland Ontario? Has anyone ever inquired about
touring this facility? It would seem to be a fun time.

>Bob

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com