Subject: Re: Leica R4 cameras falling apart?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 13:44:47 -0500

At 07:33 AM 1/26/97 -0500, Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com> wrote:

>Two weeks ago I was getting ready for a ten day visit
>to Paris. I got out my R4 and opened the back to blow out
>any dust. Lo and behold I discovered that the foam gaskets
>in the door and camera back had crumbled to tiny pieces
>and had fallen into the camera.

I'm rather surprised tht a "a former Executive Editor at Popular
Photography" would be unaware of the titanic effort Leica has made to notify
the public of this problem and to correct the defect.  I believe if you take
your Leica to one of the tune-ups they do at camera shows their folks will
repair it free of charge or if you call Leica in Northvale, NJ
(1-800-222-0118) they will send you the gaskets at no cost.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!