Subject: Re: Nikkor lenses for Nikon RFs
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 03:48:56 +0000

In article <199701282155.OAA00638@phobos.frii.com>, Ben Holmes
<bholmes@frii.com> writes
>Are the Nikon RF lenses compatible with Leica RFs? Same mount? Do they bring
>up correct frame lines? How about focusing?

As far as I am aware, only the Nikon rangefinder lenses that were made
in Leica thread mount are compatible with Leica rangefinder bodies; the
other (bayonet) mounts they made aren't. In this case, the thread mount
- --> M bayonet adapter has the job of bringing up the framelines, so get
the right adapter and you get the right framelines. More or less- an
85mm Nikkor would go on the 90mm adapter. That's the one I've got, and
the rangefinder focusing works fine.
- --
JB