Subject: SCA 351 dedication
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:03:44 -0500

    From pgs Mon Jan 13 18:54:10 -0400 1997
    To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

    I recently picked up a used Braun Ultrablitz 34m for cheap.  It's
    a nice enough powerful flash, it tilts, and it has an SCA 350
    module on it.  That means I can mount it on an R6 and see the
    ready light in the viewfinder, but it won't use the TTL flash
    metering capability of the camera.  For that I need an SCA 351
    module -- the SCA 350 module is for an R4 camera.

    Now, here's a question.  All SCA 351 modules connect to SCA 300
    flashes, and that's a standardized interface.  But is it
    standardize down to the connectors?  Are all SCA 351 modules
    created equal?  Can I buy an SCA 351 module from, say, Metz and
    plug it into this flash?  The SCA 350 module that's on there now
    is identical to a Metz one, as far as I can tell, but I can't tell
    much.

So, I thought I would answer my own question here: Yes, apparently all
SCA 300 system adapters are created equal.  I tried out a Metz SCA 351
adapter on my flash, and it works fine.  Now if only I had a manual
for this flash, I could figure out what some of those obscure buttons
do... anybody have any suggestions on where to get one?

- -Patrick