Subject: Shopping for Leicas in Kathmandu
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 13:17:38 +0545 (+0545)

Helllo to all,

        I don't see too many Leicas around here, except around the necks of
rich tourists, so was quite surprised by what I found the other day.  In a
small shop I came accross 2 M3's with an assortment of lenses, 1 IIIF
(1951), 1 IIIG 1959, more lenses, a flash unit with collapsible reflector, a
small ball mount, meter for the M3, assorted filters, a Russian Leica copy
and numerous odds and ends.  Quite a find for Kathmandu.

        I have no idea of the value of this equipment as I am not a
collector. None of it is mint as all of it is well used but seems to be
funtioning fine.  Some of the lenses appear to have a little fungus on them
but I'm not absolutley sure - it might just be dirt.  Now comes the question
- - any ideas as to the value (ballpark) of any of this stuff?  I can come up
with a complete list of the lenses and such in a few days if anyone is
interested in this.

        Thanks in advance.

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal