Subject: Re: FIE ON COLLECTORS!
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 16:08:55 +0000

So: when I referred to "collector stuff on this list," I was really
referring to the material that would be of primary interest to user
collectors--and there is a lot of that here, and a good deal of it would be
interesting to pure collectors as well (e.g. your discussion of the 40
f2.8's rarity).  We all have different ways of approaching our
hobby/vocation/passion!

Gee Charlie,
My interest in it was as a user, not collector. I gave up
'collecting' when I found out the back of these boxes opened and you
could put film into them and make pretty pictures. Even a $4000 lens
is only good IMHO if it is used for its designed and intended
purpose.
Charlie

Charles E. Love, Jr.
CEL14@CORNELL.EDU