Subject: Re: FIE ON COLLECTORS!
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 22:35:54 -0700 (MST)

>Dennis,
>
>I differ with you. In my opinion, prices are set by advertisers in
>Shutterbug.

Chris, I differ with you. The time tested pricing model holds true even with
Leicas. As long as there are BUYERS willing to pay the price, the price will
remain. When there are more buyers than sellers - prices rise. When there
are fewer buyers than sellers - things cheapen up. Right now, Leica is JUST
becoming a household name. More and more people are becoming aware of these
as collectibles - Martha Stewart has an M3 now.

If anyone recalls the Great Tulip Bulb Market, it can be likened to the
current Leica bubble. It happened with Ferrari's in the mid-80's and it's
happening now with your beloved Leica's. Stick around - it's a bubble, it
will pop.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO